Friday, May 09, 2008

Friends.

I'm reading this manga entitled "Hoshi wa Utau". It's a bit different from the other mangas I've read. I was even 60% reluctant to read it until the 17th chapter. I mean, I keep looking for love stories and fangirling bishies, but this manga definitely contains sadness and knowledge. I'd say it isn't a josei manga, it's not for mature women, but more like it's not for shallow women either. By the way, I term it shallow because most teenagers today form a kind of dream of good looking guys and wonderful romances. I'd say I'm 50% shallow and simple minded and 50% warped. Yeah, I have to laugh about the warped part. Mysteriously, my mind is too much to handle and it gets tough sometimes, so I call it seriously warped because it changes too much and it searches for things that are extremely deep.

Moving on, I'd recommend the manga to people who are fed up with the low-ness and loneliness of their own lives. I mean sure, we'd have friends, boyfriends and whatnots, but in the end they wouldn't matter. I can't recommend this to emo people or weak-willed people for it is really depressing. But my 50% warped mind looks at it in a good way, at least.

Quoting from Hoshi wa Utau chapter 6, page 08:

"...you're not friends if you don't talk about everything? You can flush that thought right down the toilet. It's not like I want to know, so bad, that I'll go so far as to pry. Even I haven't told Saku everything about myself."

So you see, we always feel the need to know everything about our friends, but we don't really need to press them for it. They will tell us in due time. If we really are their friends, we should wait for them to come to us. But of course, we should prove our worth to them first. As 50% of my mind imagined, I thought childhood friends knew everything about their friend, but no. 50% of my mind told me, it's not always like that. We are, after all, people and we tend to hide things that would make someone look down on us. Or maybe we hide things to preserve our pride. We were born with these things, so it's normal. It's natural. Ahh, but I also believe that we should let secrets out once in a while. Though I prefer telling them to strangers, or to people that I can really depend on. I hope you're one of them. I choose friends out of their intentions to be near me, and of course if they can keep up with me and me with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home