Thursday, May 08, 2008

Keep it simple.

It's been so long since I last posted anything here. My last blog entry can be found in friendster, so I decided to put a new one here. I'd like to keep this simple. The point of the blog post is to contemplate over a simple quote from a manga. You know, people can really learn a lot from mangakas and anime creators. I loved fruits basket because of the quotes I got and the life lessons I discovered. But of course, the most precious life lessons are found by searching. You can appreciate a theory most when you came up with it through your own experiences. Moving on then, to quote from the manga Gokinjo Monogatari, Chapter 4, Volume 1, Page 31 (source: onemanga.com)

"Didn't you know, people change their appearances to make themselves feel better? Depending on their emotional state? Especially with girls..."

Now let me explain why this specific message hit me straight through the heart. It's because before the third year started I didn't care much about looks. I was pimple-faced all through out high school just because I cared too much about grades and all. But I don't regret studying, I mean it payed off well for the grades part, probably not for the lessons part. I barely remember anything I learned before. Well, nevermind, let me just proceed. Then there was a time during that summer after the third year that I wanted to change. I looked at myself in the mirror and said, I need to face it. It was natural for me, though, before, I mean, that I couldn't look myself in the mirror. To have a face that isn't worth looking at... it was humiliating, degrading and all. I had no confidence whatsoever. So I started with derma sessions. It was fine, but since I couldn't keep up with it and with school at the same time, the pimples returned. Then this fourth year I went to a new derma clinic and I've been having treatments for so long. I know it cost too much to count. It also hurt a little less than hell, I think, but I find it worthwhile. I can look at myself in the mirror and say, "You've done well." So there... when I found myself unable to move on because I lacked confidence, I changed myself. The quote is true for me, and it continues on as I live day by day. I tend to not solve things on my own and rely on time to decide for me... but now, I'll try to do things the way I would in my true pace. I hope I meet more people. Much more than what little I've known in my high school life. ^_^

This is quite a change, if I may say so myself. I'm actually using correct punctuations for around 90% of what I've written. That's good, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home